Ecology Policy since 1997
Eco Policy Since 1997
Classic Sailing operates the following policies;
To encourage a greater environmental awareness in all we do
- Promote environmental awareness and sound practice in our employees, skippers, suppliers and customers.
- Reduce the environmental harm of our activities by using less energy and reducing air, land and sea pollution where ever possible.
- Encourage understanding and respect for local populations, customs, cultures, wildlife and marine ecology.
1 To sail as much as possible therefore reducing energy consumption, we currently average 78% sailing as opposed to motoring, in accordance with safe working practices.
2 To use recycled paper as far as possible.
3 To strictly enforce no waste being thrown overboard.
4 To leave any beach or shore line we visit cleaner than when we arrived.
5 To encourage guests joining by public transport or to arrange shared transport where ever possible.
6 To educate sailing guests on the ecology of the sea and shore.
7 To encourage all staff, skippers and shareholders to a greater environmental understanding and to help them develop ecological practices.
8 To encourage a greater environmental awareness in all we do.
1. Sailing is a very environmentally friendly form of transport as it harnesses the wind and sea without detriment to the environment. All Classic Sailing vessels maximise the use of sails subject to safety and operational requirements.
2. Any paper we use is either recycled or manufactured from sustainably managed forests.
3. At sea and on the water we adhere to the code of practice that forbids throwing anything overboard and take all our waste to specifically provided facilities for yachts. Separating our waste when appropriate. We monitor our waste ashore and afloat.
4. When ashore visiting natural sites we ask guests to collect any litter they can comfortably handle and ensure that we leave the site cleaner than when we arrived.
5. On board our vessels there are libraries, some quite small but they are books that can help guests understand the natural environment around them, the skippers though not formally qualified have a growing knowledge of this and enjoy passing it on to those onboard. Much of the pleasure of our voyages is derived from highlighting the points of interest and seasonal events that take place.
6. To provide opportunities for all those who work or support us to partake of environmental education and to provide development time for new ecological practices etc.
Sailing is reliant on understanding the environment and helping guests relate to the elements is a natural part of our holiday experience.
Page Sub Menu
Pick your Sailing Holiday
Keep up to date
"It was truly a fantast...
This was a one day trip that was a fantastic experience. My previous sailing has been in yachts and it was awesome t...
Photo Workshop on Eve 2014
I Just wanted to say a personal thank you to you both for the very enjoyable trip...