RYA Day Skipper Theory Online Course
RYA Day Skipper Theory Online Course Details
RYA Day Skipper Theory Online Course is a brilliant online course for anyone interested in sailing, or motor boating. This course will give you the fundamental knowledge needed when you’re afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken anytime, anywhere and at your own speed. All you need is a computer and the internet.
Top reasons to take the online course
- Flexibility - anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
- Suitable for all - no course pre course requirements
- Safety Essentials - all the essential knowledge for going afloat
- Simplicity - easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
- Supporting your knowledge - an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
- Complements other courses - a great starting point before more advanced courses
- Real skills - use real skills alongside online technology
- Best advice - written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
- Learn it, try it, test it - practise what you’ve learnt before taking the test
Why you should choose this course
The RYA Day Skipper theory course is absolutely full of fantastic information from tying a knot to plotting a full blown course to steer.
Once you have completed the course you will be safer for yourself, your friends and your family and after completing an RYA practical course you should be well on your way to being a first class skipper.
The day skipper theory course is made up of detailed lessons, most of which are animated for easy learning. Each lessen is followed by a set of questions which can be answered online. Once an answer is submitted the feedback is instant in the form of a detailed answer page. Some answers will be forwarded to your instructor who will provide personal feedback and help where required.
One of the major advantages of using the Day Skipper course is being able to know instantly how you are doing.Even the answers that you have submitted to your instructor are provided with instant feedback.
Course topics include:
- The basics of seamanship
- The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- Chart work
- Electronic charts
- Position fixing
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Collision regulations
- Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- Emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
You can book your RYA Day Skipper Theory course on line below and be working straight away on the sections where the RYA pack is not needed. Your RYA pack, containing your charts, RYA almanack, RYA course notes, and course plotter, will be posted first class post within 1 working day.
1. Use the PayPal link below to pay for the course.
2. We will then create an RYA account for you, enrol you onto the course and send you your Username and Password
3. You can start learning!
Addresses outside Europe: If your forwarding address for the start up pack is outside Europe we need to use a courier service to ensure delivery. The pack is quite bulky so there is an additional postal charge of £30 for addresses in the USA and Canada and £40 for the rest of the world. We will be adding outside Europe postal charges to our on line payment shortly but in the interim please ring us on 0044 (0)1872 580022 with your delivery address and we'll sort out the payment.
Select RYA Day Skipper Theory Course from the drop down menu below (it lists all the RYA theory courses you can do with us)
Remember: There is an initial course access period of 6 months, after which time a course extension fee of £30 will be required. The course access period is activated when you make payment.
An instructor supplied by Navathome.com will be on hand every step of the way, so if you need additional help or have any questions, you will not be alone.
The Day Skipper Theory course from Classic Sailing is delivered by Navathome, a RYA Recognised Training Centre specialising in online training.
NB: There is an initial course access period of 6 months, after which time a course extension fee of £30 will be required. The course access period is activated when you make payment.
The Course is subject to Navathome Terms and Conditions.
By booking this course you agree to Navathome Terms and Conditions.
Choose your RYA Course from the Drop Down List.
Page Sub Menu
Pick your Sailing Holiday
Search the web site.
- The Best Tall Ship for you?
- Test your Tall Ship Knowledge
- Contact us - Ask a Skipper
- Special Offers
- 2017 Voyages
- How to Book
- Top Tips
- All Vessels Dates and Prices
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Brochures and Documents
- Gift Vouchers
- News Stories
- Flight Centre
- Travel Insurance
- Customer Comments
- Charts of the World
- Terms and Conditions
- Privacy and other Policies
- Contact Us