RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course
The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring online course for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving - or pretty much anything else on the water! This course will give you the essential knowledge needed when you’re afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken anytime, anywhere and at your own speed. All you need is a computer and the internet.
NB: The Essential Navigation and Seamanship is NOT as in depth as RYA Day Skipper on-line theory. If you want to complete the Day Skipper Practical you will need to know the theory contained in the syllabus, regardless of whether you take the theory course and exam. If you are unclear, please contact us PRIOR to purchase.
Top 10 reasons to take the online course
1. Flexibility - anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
2. Suitable for all - new crews through to budding skippers
3. Safety Essentials - all the essential knowledge for going afloat
4. Simplicity - easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
5. Supporting your knowledge - an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
6. Complements other courses - a great starting point before more advanced courses
7. Real skills - use real skills alongside online technology
8. Best advice - written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
9. Learn it, try it, test it - practice what you’ve learnt before taking the test
10. Be part of it - the RYA’s 1st fully interactive online course
- Charts, publications and terms.
- Electronic Navigation
- Rules of the road
- Weather Forecasts
- Passage Planning
Take a look at this RYA introduction to the course.
The course costs £95 and this includes an Essential Navigation and Seamanship student pack. The pack includes course notes, exercises, plotter, chart plotter CD, practice charts and a free set of dividers. Basically, EVERYTHING you need to complete the course.
1. Use the Paypal link below to pay for the course.
2. We will then create an RYA account for you, enroll you onto the course and send you your Username and Password. A course pack will be sent by post.
3. You can start learning!
Addresses outside Europe: If your forwarding address for the start up pack is outside Europe we need to use a courier service to ensure delivery. The pack is quite bulky so there is an additional postal charge of £30 (2014) for addresses outside Europe. We will be adding outside Europe postal charges to our on line payment shortly but in the interim please ring us on 0044 (0)1872 580022 with your delivery address and we'll sort out the extra payment.
An instructor will be on hand every step of the way, so if you need additional help or have any questions, you will not be alone.
If you want to read around the subject, or go into more depth, there is a wide range of reading material, exercises, and learning aids to help meet your learning requirments. You can use the links below.
Page Sub Menu
Pick your Sailing Holiday
Search the web site.
- The Best Tall Ship for you?
- Test your Tall Ship Knowledge
- Contact us - Ask a Skipper
- Special Offers
- 2017 Voyages
- How to Book
- Top Tips
- All Vessels Dates and Prices
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Brochures and Documents
- Gift Vouchers
- News Stories
- Flight Centre
- Travel Insurance
- Customer Comments
- Charts of the World
- Terms and Conditions
- Privacy and other Policies
- Contact Us